Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dazzle me, Textile Design Guru Sister!

Ok, I really wanted to start this with one of the awesome crafts for the new place, but I think I'm going to have to hold off on those right now. Because I have been seeing multiple mentions of "painting your own curtains" on Pinterest lately, and I need to know how well this really works.

Luckily I have the best sister ever. I thought I'd get your opinion on painting my own curtains. I was thinking of doing polka dots on white fabric to hide Z's little play cubby that I'm planning on making, but after seeing all the striped curtains (and realizing that everything else in her room is striped). I'm thinking painting stripes will work better. What I really want to do is paint using the left over paint from her room, so that the curtain matches. (Um, duh.)

**Side note: In a couple of weeks when we talk and I'm right in the middle painting and moving, remind me that I also want to re-paint her clock and all of the storage bins we have in her room, as they're all stripped to match her current room. I ask this of you because I am extremely forgetful, and you are awesome.**

So Miss Textile Design Guru, is painting my own curtains a good idea? I know the fabric is going to be stiff after I paint it, do you think it will ever get less stiff? Are you ready? Go ahead, dazzle me with your textile-y experiences!

Still thinking of a sign off....
Carin

No comments:

Post a Comment