Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cake Mix should be in EVERYTHING!

So I found the recipe for cake mix rice crispy treats on that wonderful thing called Pinterest awhile back. And I made them. They were OK. Nothing really to write home about. Mostly they tasted like rice crispy treats, but that may be because I didn't let the marshmallows melt enough before adding the cake mix. (My bad.) (Yes, I just said that. I'm allowed to, I grew up in the 80s and 90s. We Early-Y's are nostalgic like that. Then again, maybe it's just me.)

ANYWAY, at the end of the cake mix rice crispy treat recipe, Ali gives you an idea for cake mix cookies. Yes you read that right. Cookies. Made with -- wait for it -- Cake Mix. That sounded like a great idea. And after all the zaniness of moving, I needed something delicious. Also the cake mix was sitting in the cabinet asking to be eaten.

So, without further ado, Cake Mix Cookies (a la Gimmie Some Oven):

Stir 6 oz cake mix, 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil, and an egg until mixed. Form into cookie dough balls, and bake at 350 for 10-12 min:

As you can see, I did not get cookie dough balls. I got cookie soup blobs. But as a wise woman once told me, "It's not what it looks like, it's how it tastes that matters." Even so, I dressed them up with some jimmies. (Don't get me started on jimmies vs. sprinkles.) VoilĂ ...




About 10 minutes later I had the best cookies I've ever had. Z and I each had one, then she ran around in circles for awhile :) Mike and I finished them later while watching Community. SO GOOD.


P.S. I'm sorry about all the caps in this post. I couldn't help myself, these cookies took away my caps lock filter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment