Monday, April 15, 2013

Health and Wellness

The first thing I really wanted to focus on was my health. I had that scary doctors appointment last year when I said I was interested in having kids within a few years, and she responded that I needed to loose weight now or else I'd end up weighing a number that I never thought could be reach. Scared me straight.

I've always been the heavier sibling, heavier cousin, heavier friend. I eat when I'm happy. I eat when I'm sad, bored, alone, or just because. And to add to the fire, I love cooking...

It's been about 9 months now of heading to the gym and trying to loose weight. I have dropped a couple lbs here and there in the past, but put them back on as soon as I stopped concentrating on what I ate. It hit me a couple weeks ago when I came home from a bad day at the gym balling my eyes out. "I'm sick of being fat!" I wailed at my husband. But all he can do is comfort me, because this is my own struggle that I've had since I was 12 years old.

So in conjunction with my Happiness Project, I said "enough is enough!" I have come up with my list of things to do, yes to loose weight, but also to just be healthy. If I'm not happy and healthy, I'm not going to be proud of the way I raise a family. I want good habits now, so that when there are lil ones running around, I can help them.

Gym (5 times a week)
Run a 5K in 2013
Brush teeth every night
Wash face every night
Vitamins everyday
More fruits and veggies
Drink 8 glasses of water a day
MyFitnessPal.com

I set things that I know are doable and helpful. They are small tweaks to my life that need to be lasting changes to help my overall health. So, now after the 9 months, and a couple sore muscles and joints I am 10 lbs closer to my goal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment